Capri

Capri, Italy. Yes, I know you've heard of it. Maybe seen pictures of its idyllic coasts? Dreamt of taking a dip in its crystal clear aqua blue water? Gotten a postcard from its too-beautiful-to-be true blue grotto? The truth is, Capri may just be paradise. 19 miles off the coast of Italy, with hotels nestled in cliffs and some of the most breathtaking views you'll ever see, lies the isle of Capri. This is where the rich & famous come to vacation (I saw Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon & their twins walking the town shops while I was there this summer!) and there are many reasons why. Its beauty and its exclusivity make it a top-notch destination for any Amalfi Coast trip. I went to Capri for the first time at the young age of 12 with my family just for the day on our 2 week trek around Europe. It was my first time to Europe and I remember telling my mom as soon as we set foot on the Isle of Capri, "This is my favorite place in the world." Well, as you probably can already tell from my blog- I don't know how to play favorites when it comes to traveling. But, if I had to choose, Capri is definitely in my top 5.
So, that was my first experience with Capri. My second was another day trip with my family, while on a cruise through the Italian Riviera and the third, and most memorable, time I've ever been to Capri was last summer. We chose to forego the usual island day trip that most people do and stay two nights and three days on the island, truly experiencing everything Capri has to offer with an overnight stay. Sure I had fallen in love with Capri before with the daytrips, but THIS is the way to see Capri. 
Get yourself a hotel toppled on the cliffs of the italian riviera, spend days taking hikes from the heights of the isle all the way down to the water, swimming in the blue grotto (see pic), and tasting the incredible italian wines. 
Sound like perfection? Let's plan a trip.

staying on the island:
Hotel Weber Ambassador
We stayed in this darling hotel. It's in an area of the island called Marina Piccola, and they have a hotel shuttle that picks you up from the marina down on the water and brings you all the way up the cliffs to the hotel. The hotel has beach access which is great and also a pool overlooking the coast. I mean.. talk about good location. Inline image 1

La Minerva
Inline image 2
JK Place
This boutique hotel is ranked #1 on tripadvisor, and it looks pretty darn close to perfect. Capri exclusivity at its finest, this hotel only hosts 18 rooms and is located on a pedestrian area overlooking the sea in the center of Capri. Talk about tranquility!

JK Place 
Looking for luxury and the best-of-the-best? Look no further than the JK Place Capri. At 22 years old, I can still only dream about staying in hotels like this (around $1200+ a night) but maybe you're planning a honeymoon or a special occasion? Or maybe you're a celeb... Have fun and stow me in your carry on?

for the hikers
We hiked every day while we were in Capri!! Gotta burn off all those pizzas and glasses of italian vino! This is the hiking path we did, and it is stunning.

Me in Capri
Via Krupp. A stone hiking path originally laid out on the island in 1902! It features majestic views that you won't get anywhere else! Ask your hotel to lead you to where it starts! It takes you from the top of the island all the way down to the water so don't forget your swim suit! 

Took this from our hike on Via Krupp!













for the foodie  
The food in Capri is all delicious. After all, it is Italy. When have you ever had bad Italian food? The center of the island is very small and definitely full of eager italian waiters who would love to have you sit outside of their restaurant, so take your pick. We ate at a few different delicous local eateries, each time just walking around, looking at menus and meeting people until we found one we decided on. 




Pizza Aurora. One pizza place in particular sticks out to me that we went to - I still dream of their pizza. It's right off the square so if you're in Capri, eat here and think of me! The picture is of my dad and I holding our delish pizzas!
18-20 Via FuorlovadoIsland of Capri





for the view 
La Terraza di Lucculo
For the best view in Capri, you just gotta go to this restaurant. Located in Anacapri (the other side of the Island from Capri), the picture says it all. 
via G Orlandi 4 | Baia de Napoli80071 Anacapri, Island of CapriItaly
Inline image 3









for the shoppers

Shopping is everywhere in Capri- you can't miss it! A little expensive, but definitely fun to explore all that the island has to offer. Especially, as my mom's 120-lb suitcase on our way back from the Amalfi Coast will tell you, the Italian potteryIf you're going to shop as much as I did, make sure you've mastered the Italian phrase for 'how much does this cost?': "Quanto costa?" 

for the tourist
First of all, if you're going just for the day, you're going to be taking one of the hourly ferries from either Naples or Sorrento. Make sure you plan ahead so you get a full day on the island! Once you take the funicular up to the top of the island (where the town is), you can walk around, shop, get lunch, or take the hike I listed. It's a small town, so not much planning is required before you get there... but there is one thing you definitely need to make sure you see: 

The Blue Grotto. It's on every traveler's bucket list to see the unbelievably blue water in Capri's famous grotto. Pictured here, but unreal in real life. Tours will take you on a gondola into the cave. But if you go early in the morning (and in the summer!!) and you can even swim in there. Unreal experience and a gorgeous part of Capri.


Hope that's a good start to your next trip to my favorite Italian isle. Have fun and drink some limoncello for me! Arrivaderci, amicis!!!  


follow the best of Jetset Christina's travels on instagram
on twitter @jetsetchristina
& on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS